(For a detailed Measuring Guide please click on one of the links provided below for a printable PDF)
How to Measure For Pole Pocket Panel Width:
- Measure the width of your window or area you would like to cover.
- Add 2-4 inches on each side of the window for overlap (if you have molding on your window add 2-4" beyond the window molding on each side). Go farther if you would like the drapes to stack off the window.
- Take that number and order 2 panels to get the proper fullness.
- I have a window that is 46 inches and a 2 inch molding around it.
- I add 2 inches on each side from the outside of the molding, this gives me 54 inches total.
- I would order 2 panels that are 54 inches each.
How to Measure for Pole Pocket Panel Height:
- Measure from the top of the pole and add the pole size to allow "take-up" for the finished length.
- If you would like to have a puddle look add 2-8 inches.
- I have a length of 82" from the top of my pole to the bottom of the floor.
- I am using a 2" pole to hang my drapes on, so I add 2 inches for the "take up" of the pole.
- My finished length would be 84 inches.
How to Measure For Pleated Panel Width (French, Inverted, Goblet, or Tab-Top):
- Measure the width of your window or the area you would like to cover.
- Add 2-4 inches on each side of the window for overlap (if you have molding on your window then add 2-4" beyond the window molding on each side) and order one pleated panel that size.
- I have a window that is 46 inches.
- I add 2 inches on each side which gives me 50 inches total.
- I would order 1 Pleated panel at 50 inches to get the correct fullness.
How to Measure Pleated Panel Height:
- Measure from the bottom of the ring or fixed drapery hook to the floor.
- You can add 2-8 inches for a puddle look.
The amount of space required to completely draw open the drapery to clear the glass without obstructing the view.