Designer Tips and Terms
- • Drapery measurements are always recorded in inches, never feet.
- • Always measure using a metal tape to ensure accuracy.
- • Mount your rod on the outside of the trim, both above and side to side, adding extra height and width for a more finished look and to keep light out more effectively.
- • If you want your curtains to “clear” your window when drawn open, extend the rod beyond the width of the window at least 6 inches on either side.
- • For a more custom look, you may want to add a “return.” A return is created when the end of the drape is wrapped around the bracket to hide the mounting hardware.
For example: If your rod is mounted 84 inches off the floor and would like a “break” you need to order your drapes 85 to 88 inches long.
For example: If your rod is mounted 84 inches off the floor, for a small puddle you need to order your curtains 89 to 90 inches long. For a large puddle you need to order your curtains 92 to 96 inches long.