Update Date: July 27, 2021
Effective Date: July 27, 2021
Scope of Application
1. Information We Collect
We collect information when you use our Services, contact us, use our products, create an account, or interact with us for any other purpose.
We may collect the following personal information from you from our Services:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number both landline or mobile number.
- Billing information such as payment card number and billing address.
- Unique identifiers such as user name, account number, and password.
- Preference information such as marketing preferences.
- Account information including information entered in website forms or when creating or using accounts.
- Information associated with your inquiries to us.
- Information associated with your web transactions with us, or our affiliates such as information (via “pixel tags”) about how emails or text messages we have sent have been accessed. Third party advertisers or data analytics providers also gather similar information and/or match this information to that from other sources.
- Basic data passed during text message transmission (including, but not limited to, message content, photos, files, and message count/volume).
- Mobile device information including mobile device identification, service provider, and location.
- Information about your mobile device, use of our app, or app performance.
- Information or feedback provided through e-mail, voice, letter, or online posting.
- Data (including phone number, transmission, and message data) from general text messaging users who send messages to users of our Services.
We collect other information relating to your interactions with our Services including.
- Clicking, browsing, and use data/patterns (including, but not limited to, information gathered through “cookies” and “pixel tags”); and
- Information about your IP address, browser, internet service provider, pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and clickstream data.
2. How We Use Your Information
We may use your information for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To create and maintain your account.
- To process and fulfill your orders, including to send you emails, text messages or call to confirm your order status, and to provide other related communications.
- To respond to your inquiries or support tickets.
- To provide products and services you request, including to provide publications to which you subscribe.
- To operate, personalize, and improve the Services, including for analytics purposes.
- To send Halfpricedrapes.com promotions and marketing materials that may be of interest to you.
- To contact you for email and/or phone number verification, enrollment/activation activities, encouraging or enabling your use of the Services including, but not limited to, specific features, to address possible inappropriate use, or at our Company’s discretion.
- For our other business purposes, such as research, payment processing, and operational purposes.
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Services.
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
3. Information Sharing
- With our affiliate vendors, consultants, agents, contractors, and other service providers that we use to support our business.
- To operate, maintain, and improve our Services;
- To fulfill your orders.
- With third party vendors who process data on our behalf such as payment processors, customer service providers, shipment vendors, and email and text messages service providers.
- To enable message transmission.
- To conduct quality assurance testing or audits.
- For our own, or our Partner’s, marketing purposes.
- To facilitate enrollment and creation of accounts.
- To provide technical support.
- To manage sales accounts and/or to provide other services to your Company.
- With third parties designated by you. When you use the Services, the personal information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive it (for example, the person you are texting).
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets.
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties.
- To protect or defend the rights or property of Company or users of the Services.
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
- We may work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Services and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. Halfpricedrapes.com uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and Services and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site and Services, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- We may create anonymous or aggregated data records from personal information by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to you or your business. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
4. Third-Party Links and Tools
Our Services may provide links to third-party websites or apps. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this privacy notice. You should review the privacy notices of other websites or apps that you use to learn about their data practices.
Our Services may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Services, those third parties may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third parties and your use of their features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notices of any accounts you create and use.
5. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
- Email Communications. You may indicate a preference to stop receiving further marketing e-mail from us and may “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below). Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, we may send you service-related communications.
- Text Communications. You may indicate a preference to stop receiving further text messages from us and may “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the SMS instructions or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below). Despite your indicated text messaging preferences, we may send you service-related communications.
- Changing Your Personal Information. You may change certain elements of personal information in your Account by logging into the Site. You may request deletion of your personal information by us by contacting us at the email address below, and at our discretion, we may use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request; but, please note that we may be required to retain such information for legal or compliance purposes. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
Your security matters to us. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures designed to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
- Functionality cookies, which allow you to navigate the site and use our features.
- Analytics cookies, which allow us to measure, analyze and understand how our customers use the Site and to identify ways to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us evaluate your use of the Site, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage. To learn how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit: “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services” located www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
- Customer preference cookies, which help us remember your preferences (like your language or location) and make your experience more personalized to you.
We also use web beacons to help us identify your computer and evaluate user behavior, such as reactions to promotions. Web beacons are small GIF files that can be embedded in other graphics, emails, or similar. To prevent web beacons on our site, you can use tools such as AdBlock Plus. To prevent web beacons in emails, please set your mail program so that no HTML is displayed in messages.
9. Direct Marketing and Behavioral Advertising
We may directly send you marketing communications and materials by email, text messages, postal mail and other channels to keep you informed of new products, promotions, and to provide other information we think may be of interest to you. You can stop receiving direct marketing messages from us at any time by clicking any "unsubscribe" link in any marketing message you receive from us or stop message in the text. Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to process your request and update our systems. Note that if you request that we stop sending you marketing messages, we will continue to send you administrative and service communications (such as order updates and other important or transactional information).
Please note that if you use more than one name or email address when communicating with Halfpricedrapes.com, you may continue to receive communications from us to any name or email address not specified in your opt-out request.
We may also display tailored interest-based advertising on both Halfpricedrapes.com-owned and operated sites and unaffiliated sites. Interest-based ads, also sometimes referred to as personalized or targeted ads, are displayed to you based on information from activities such as purchasing on our sites, visiting sites that contain Halfpricedrapes.com content or ads, interacting with Halfpricedrapes.com tools, or using our payment services. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook's Custom Audience service.
10. Blogs, Reviews and Forums
The Service also may from time to time offer publicly-accessible blogs, reviews or forums. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of your information from blogs, customer reviews or forums, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some cases we may be unable to remove your information.
The security of your information is important to us. We use appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized use, disclosure, and loss. Encryption technology, including current industry-standard encryption protocols, is used to protect personal information in certain areas of our websites during transmission across the Internet. We use a PCI-compliant payment service provider over a secured network. If you have questions about the security of your information, please contact us email@example.com
We encourage you to take reasonable measures to protect your password and your computer to prevent unauthorized access to your account. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window if you are using a shared computer in a public place such as a library or an Internet cafe.
When we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will either delete it from our systems or anonymize it so that it no longer identifies you.
The Site, App and Service are not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we have information about your child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about how to protect your child online, visit the FTC’s www.OnGuardOnline.gov.
This section provides additional information regarding the personal information about California residents that we collect, how we use it, what sources it is derived from, and who we share it with. It also provides information regarding to California residents’ rights, and our responsibilities, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other relevant California laws and regulations.
For the purposes of this Section 14 only, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. It includes information collected by any means, including online and offline, such as in-person in one of our stores (collectively with our Site offerings, our “Services”). Personal information does not include publicly available information, information that has been de-identified or aggregated, or other information already protected by certain federal laws.
We may collect, or have collected, the following categories of personal information about you over the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers, which includes your name; email address; mailing and billing addresses; home and mobile phone numbers; user name, user account number, and password; social media account name; and device and online identifiers as detailed below including IP address and device IDs.
- Payment and financial information, including your credit or debit card number, security code, and any other information required to complete payments.
- Commercial information, which includes preference information such as marketing preferences; products or services purchased, obtained, or considered; shopping cart details; account and order history; product returns; and/or other purchasing or consumer histories or tendencies.
- Information relating to Internet activity or other electronic network activity, which includes your IP address, device identification number, or similar unique identifier; your device functionality and characteristics, including browser, operating system, hardware, and mobile network information; cookie identifiers and similar tracking technologies associated with your browsing sessions; browsing history and website usage information; browsing preferences; referring/exit pages; and date/time stamp.
- Geolocation data, which includes your device location.
- Audio, electronic, or visual information, which includes photographs, videos and customer service call center recordings.
- Professional or employment-related information, which includes information relating to your reseller certification and business;
- Information not listed above and related to characteristics protected under California or federal law, which may include date of birth, age or age range; gender or gender identity.
We use the personal information we collect about you for all of the business purposes outlined in Section 2 above.
We may collect personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- From you, including via our Service, telephone, text message, in-person, postal mail, social media, forums, online chats, or other means
- From other individuals using our Site or Services who may provide personal information about you to us through content submissions or postings on the Site or Service, or to facilitate communication with you
- Our service providers, including our communications and analytics providers
- Third party social media or communications platforms, such as if you choose to use a third-party social media platform to facilitate account registration, process a transaction, or otherwise link your accounts.
We may supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, including from both online and offline data providers.
We limit our disclosure of the categories of personal information above to our service providers for one or more business purposes, as described in Section 3 of this Policy.
We do not knowingly collect or sell any personal information of California residents under the age of 16.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights under applicable California law in relation to your personal information, subject to certain exceptions:
- Right to Know. You have the right to, up to twice in a 12-month period, request what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and/or sell, as applicable.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that is collected by us.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by a business. However, as noted in Section 14(d) above, we do not currently sell any personal information. We do participate in behavioral ad networks, and to the extent participation in such networks is deemed to be a data sale under the CCPA, we have provided instructions on how you can opt-out in Section 14(f) below.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights described above. For information about financial incentives that Halfpricedrapes.com may offer in connection with your personal information, please review Section 14(g) below.
Any request you submit to us is subject to an identification and residency verification process (“Verifiable Consumer Request”) as permitted by the CCPA. We will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information that enables us to reasonably verify that you are the consumer about whom we collected the personal information. In order to verify you, you must provide us with your full name and email address that matches our records, and you must respond to an email verification message that will be sent to the provided email address. These rights are also subject to various exclusions and exceptions under applicable laws.
You may also designate an authorized agent, in writing or through a power of attorney, to request to exercise the above rights on your behalf. The authorized agent may submit a request to exercise these rights by emailing the letter of authorization or power of attorney to email@example.com.
We currently do not collect household data. If we receive a Right to Know or Right to Delete request submitted by all members of a household, we will individually respond to each request. We will not be able to comply with any request by a member of a household under the age of 13, as we do not collect personal information from any person under the age of 13.
We will respond to your request within forty-five (45) days after receipt of a Verifiable Consumer Request for a period covering twelve (12) months and for no more than twice in a twelve-month period. We reserve the right to extend the response time by an additional forty-five (45) days when reasonably necessary and provided consumer notification of the extension is made within the first forty-five (45) days.
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by completing the online webform provided here or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose this type of personal information to third parties for their own purposes, and we permit you to opt-out of any disclosures of non-identifiable personal information. However, because California residents have the right to request information regarding such practices under California’s “Shine the Light” Law, please contact us at email@example.com. You must include your full name, email address and postal address in your email or mail request so that we can verify your California residence and respond. “Personal information” under this California law means any information that identified, described, or was able to be associated with an individual at the time of disclosure.
As noted in Sections 14(d) and (e) above, we do not sell any personal information. We do, however, participate in behavioral advertising networks and to the extent participation in such networks is deemed to be a data sale under the CCPA, we encourage you to utilize the cookie preferences offered to you in the cookie banner of our website and to also visit the websites of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising for more information about opting out of seeing targeted digital advertisements and how to opt bank in if desired. You may also learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings. Please note that Halfpricedrapes.com does not maintain this web tracking data in an identifiable manner.
Halfpricedrapes.com may offer discounts on products by joining email subscription lists or enrolling in other promotions. The availability of these promotions to you at any given time will vary. If and when we offer such programs, we may ask for your personal information (such as your email address) as a prerequisite to your participation in the promotion.
The promotions that may be available to you are:
- HPD News and Special Offers. When you subscribe to Halfpricedrapes.com’s email newsletter, we may offer you special offers in the form of free or discounted products and announcements of sweepstakes, contests, and giveaways. In order to participate in the email newsletter, you must provide a valid email address.
You may opt-in to the above promotions by visiting our Site. You may also withdraw from these promotions at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The value we place on the personal information that we collect in connection with these promotions is calculated by determining the approximate additional spending per promotion participant, compared to individuals for whom we do not have email addresses, shopping history and preferences, or other collected information.
This Employment Privacy Notice applies to any employees, contractors, job applicants, and prospective employees of Halfpricedrapes.com and its affiliated entities who is a California resident and about whom we have collected personal information in the course of your employment or application for employment with Halfpricedrapes.com (collectively, “you”). This Notice pertains to your information if you have communicated with us regarding potential employment, applied for employment with us, or are currently employed by us.
If you have any questions about the information disclosed in this Notice, you may contact us at email@example.com
We may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers, such as your first and last name; home, mailing or billing addresses; email address; telephone numbers; employee identification number; Social Security number; driver’s license number, passport number, or other government-issued identification number; visa application details; and emergency contact details;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your employment and education history; position applied for; information relating to your compensation, benefits, and desired compensation; information from background checks or references; information relating to your performance evaluations; work-related travel booking details and travel history; and other information that may be provided on your resume;
- Commercial information, such as credit applications and reports; bank account and routing numbers; and other information required to administer payroll and reimburse business expenses;
- Information relating to Internet or other similar network activity, such as email logs; and information relating to your web browsing sessions including navigation to and from websites and information regarding your device, operating system, and/or browser;
- Geolocation data, such as Global Positioning System (“GPS”) data; locational information based upon your IP address; cell network data; and other similar locational data which may be collected from various devices including your mobile device(s);
- Sensory data, such as audio recordings of customer service calls; and video surveillance information;
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as your age and/or date of birth; gender or gender identity; nationality and national origin; race or ethnicity; marital status; criminal history; drug test results; and trade union membership; and
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as your health insurance information and workers’ compensation claim information; signature; and physical characteristics or description.
We may collect or use your personal information for the following purposes relating to employment or potential employment with us:
- Applying for employment or an internship, including for screenings, processing employment applications, interviews, and performing background checks
- Communications with employees and applicants
- Administering payroll, employee benefits, and health insurance
- Employee training and education
- Workforce management and planning (for example, performance reviews, evaluations, and internal investigations)
- Managing vendors, contractors, and business partners
- IT and systems operations, maintenance, and security
- Risk management and audits
- Legal compliance
- Protecting the rights, safety, privacy, and property of us, you, and others
- Fulfilling tax and other government filing requirements
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with Half Price Drapes, you have the right to request removal of unwanted information that you publicly post on the Service. To request removal of such information, you can contact Half Price Drapes as provided below. Upon receiving such a request, Half Price Drapes will make sure that the information is not publicly available on the Service, but the information may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems and databases.
We always want to hear from our customers - especially with questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices. Please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at:
Half Price Drapes, LLC
Attention: Legal Department
440 Boulder Court, Suite 100
Pleasanton, CA 94566